Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Life on the road...again

As you may have noticed I haven’t blogged in quite some time.  Well it’s time to get back at it!  I guess life has been getting in the way and I haven’t mastered the art of balancing my blog and life as well as I probably could. Life on the road makes my perception of time very different for some reason. Time seems to pass by very quickly and yet it doesn’t feel like it.  Being at home in Portland was also sort of weird after being on the road for 8 months. It didn't feel like we were gone 8 months at all! Being a tourist in my own town was something I have never done and I highly recommend it.  For some reason I didn’t really want to blog there.  It was like the blog was a part of my “other” life on the road. Being at home was more of a private personal experience that I just wanted to marinate in for a while to recharge for our next upcoming leg of our tour, heading East.   
When we left Portland we headed to Jacks Resort jamesonlake.com the place where we came up with this crazy plan of living on the road for Chris’s customer service campaign rms-ontheroad.com  Chris had a few customers in the area and we wanted to visit our friends. We also thought it would be nice to go full circle and bring the result of our vision back to its place of inception.


 Jacks Resort jamesonlake.com is owned by our friends Ginger and Anna.  It is outside Ephrata WA about 30 miles.  Let just say it is literally out in the middle of nowhere. There are little to no services of any kind for at least 20 miles around. It is very peaceful with stunning views, and abundant in all kinds of wildlife. We saw tons on deer, coyotes, hawks, bald eagles, snakes you name it; I wasn't thrilled about some of it, or the "possibility" of running into some of it, mainly rattlesnakes.  I am somewhat of a city girl AKA "scaredy cat".   The resort was closed during our stay with no public access so we had the entire lake virtually to ourselves.  It is a wonderful hideaway if you really want to unplug and get away from the world.  They have a little restaurant that is open during fishing season and Ginger makes some tasty pies! The fishing on Jameson Lake has a top ranking in the state for trout. We fished elsewhere because the lake wasn't open for fishing while we were there. I caught one nice trout and let it go because I looked it in its eyes and felt bad (silly, I  know).  Ginger caught 2 beautiful trout.  We grilled one, smoked the other and it was fantastic!


We are now in Montana and it certainly is not known for its culinary influence on the world but it is a beautiful State with very nice people nonetheless.  Sometimes I feel that us city folks don't appreciate these small towns that are quilted throughout our country.  We have often preconceived ideas about the people and chuckle at the simpleness of how they live and their limited resources for shopping dining, etc.  But these places make me realize that you can slow down,relax, quit looking for the "next thing" and just be in the moment. 
That said, now I can't wait for the next thing! We will soon head to Fargo ND then Minneapolis MN which I am VERY much looking forward to.


No comments:

Post a Comment