Friday, June 10, 2011

Goodbye Salt Lake Hellooo California (again)

Well, we are pulling the anchor and heading back to Cali today! I am excited to get moving again.  Especially, because we are heading West which brings us closer to home.  I have missed you Portland Oregon home of Portlandia (well except for the rain). It will be nice to see my friends again I haven't been home in 6 months. I miss my favorite restaurants like the Screen Door, Country Cat, Lincoln and Pok Pok.
Salt Lake City is a lot cooler than I thought it would be, and has some really great restaurants.  It seems very local as far as community support.  You don't see a lot of chain restaurants or chain anything really. Sure you have your Target and Wal-Mart as an option, but small business is very much in charge here and it shows in their local economy.  I don't know if the Mormon presence plays a part in it or not.  I expect that it does because they are known to be a communally supportive organization. The parks are plentiful and well kept they have a great public transportation system and a lot of construction going on which are all indicators of a strong vibrant community. It just goes to show when you keep your dollar in your community your community benefits not overseas stock holders.  Not to mention it is absolutely beautiful here. If you visit SLC make sure you check out the Sugar House neighborhood, it reminded me a lot of home. We will be back for sure! Thanks Salt Lake!

No comments:

Post a Comment