Thursday, June 16, 2011

Rooster stew with frog leg dumplings?

Well I am blogging at 4:00am because I am wide, wide awake! Why you ask? Great question! Well because apparently I am unknowingly in an episode of Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom Vacaville CA style. To clarify, there is a rooster behind our campground that is obviously unaware that we are on Pacific Standard Time and is cock-a-doodle-doo’ing to the top of his very well developed lungs about every 5 minutes!  There is also a small pond on the resort and 2 bullfrogs that are having a croak as loud as you can contest or maybe their version of the Voice. Honestly, they must be the size of watermelons, and survived the last ice age with their prehistoric sounding throaty whales back and forth. So alas I am awake...WIDE awake! Normally being a very good, and very hard sleeper I sit here on the couch with envy that Chris (Who normally sleeps with one ear and eye open.) is resting peacefully like a little baby. Which is making me have visions of parading up and down the motor home shaking a tambourine until carpel tunnel sets in.  What does any of this have to do with a food blog? Another great question...Nothing really, just thinking up recipes and a way to incorporate a “Rooster stew with frog leg dumplings” into my cookbook!

No comments:

Post a Comment